Last Updated: June 5, 2022
Contemporary School of Dance Policy
CSD is a professional dance studio and in order to keep the classes and studio safe, organized and disciplined, please follow these rules.
This form must be signed and returned with the registration form prior to class. Student copies of this policy can be obtained from the website at www.cfoxdance.com.
GENERAL AND SAFETY RULES
1. Children must not exit the building until a designated individual comes inside to pick them up.
2. No food or drinks (other than water) in the building. No gum or candy in class.
3. No street shoes are allowed on studio floors.
. No swinging or hanging from the ballet barres in the studio and no the touching mirrors.
5. No outside visitors other than family and designated individuals for student pick-up and/or drop off are allowed in the building.
6. No horseplay is allowed on the premises of the Contemporary School of Dance (indoors or outdoors).
7. Jewelry (other than stud earrings and one or two finger rings) must be removed.
8. Parents will be notified of consistent, disruptive behavior of their child. If a parent is notified for the third time, the child will no longer be allowed to attend class.
No cell phone pictures are to be made in the studio at any time. This is a big issue especially in the dressing area and it will not be tolerated.
1. Pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes, and tan jazz shoes should be bought as needed. Tights or socks MUST be worn with shoes. Follow appropriate dress code:
Art of Movement - Lavender leotard with skirt attached, white tights and sheer, single layer ballet skirt if not already attached (optional).
Pre-Ballet - Pink leotard with skirt attached, pink or white tights, and sheer, single layer ballet skirt if not already attached (optional).
Beginner - Black leotard, pink or tan tights, and sheer, single layer ballet skirt (optional). Black jazz pants or shorts for Tap and Jazz (not for Ballet). No pants with ties or buttons. No pajama bottoms or boxer shorts please.
Intermediate I- Black leotard, pink or tan tights, and sheer, single layer ballet skirt (optional). Black jazz pants or shorts can be worn for Jazz and Tap. They should not have ties, buttons, or zippers. No pajama bottoms or boxer shorts please.
Intermediate II,III, & Advance I-II – Solid colored leotard, pink or tan tights, and sheer, single layer ballet skirt (optional). Solid Jazz pants or shorts can be worn for Jazz and Tap (not for Ballet). They should not have ties, buttons, or zippers. No pajama bottoms or boxer shorts please.
2. Hair must be secured in a bun, braid, or ponytail (out of the face and off of the shoulders).
PUNCTUALITY AND TRANSPORTATION
1. Arrive for class on time. This is to avoid loss of class time and to insure that students have a proper warm-up. See that students are picked up promptly after class.
2. Unique changes in drop off or pick up arrangements must be communicated to instructors in writing.
PAYMENT AND FEES
1. Classes for each month must be paid for by the 15th of that month or a $5.00 late charge will be added.
2. Any returned checks will cost $25.00.
1. Parents will be notified of dates that they can come and observe class. At all other times, the studio (not the waiting area) will remain closed to parents,
siblings, other guardians or friends while class is in session. This is intended for the good of the class as a whole and for each individual student. Please explain
this new rule to your child prior to class.
HOUSEKEEPING AND PERSONAL POSSESSIONS
1. All trash should be disposed of in trash cans provided.
2. Mirrors in the studio should not be touched.
3. Book bags and other belongings must be placed against the designated wall or under chairs in the waiting area. Please do not keep these items in the restrooms. Contemporary School of Dance is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
RESTROOM AND WATER BREAKS
Between classes (Tap, Ballet, and/or Jazz) students will be allowed to use the restroom and drink water. Bottled water should be brought to class to be consumed at this time (not during class). We will no longer provide water because full and empty cups are left sitting around the studio even after 3 years of requesting that they be emptied and thrown away after class. No sodas or other sugar drinks will be allowed during water breaks.
Students attending classes must be potty trained and able to remove and replace leotards by themselves when they go to the restroom. Individual instructors are not allowed to go into restrooms to assist students. In an emergency, 2 instructors may tend to a student.
COMMITMENT TO ATTENDENCE *
Since dance is a team art where the dancers rely on each other to perform at the end of the year, attendance and commitment are very important. Dancers who miss two or more of the same class consecutively during the three months prior to recital (between March– May) will be required to take one half-hour private lesson ($20) with their instructor for each class. For example, if your dancer misses two ballet classes consecutively but was present for jazz and tap, they will only need one half-hour private lesson. Yet, if they missed all three types of classes consecutively, they will need three different private lessons equaling one and a half hours. This will ensure the dancer is caught up and time is not taken away from other students during normal class times. Thank you for fostering discipline, commitment, and team building through adhering to our policies. *Exceptions: documented illnesses, emergencies, previously agreed upon arrangements, or death in family*
agree to the Contemporary School of Dance Policies and I agree to have my child,
abide by these rules. Date ________________________